I have an entry in the 134th Carnival of Homeschooling – The 12 Labors of Hercules this week. Tiffany at Life on the Road is hosting the carnival this month.
I have not had a chance to do any more than just scan the titles and descriptions of each blog post included in this month’s carnival, but I will definitely be spending my free moments this week reading more in depth. These few intrigue me right off the bat:
- ChristineMM challenges us to take a hard look at our standards, in Controversial Article About Homeschooler’s Abilities On My Mind posted at The Thinking Mother.
- Katherine gives her review of a great resource for the preschool set: Kumon Workbooks, at No fighting, no biting! (Since it looks like I’ll be unschooling a preschooler the next year or two, I have been looking more at preschool activities, etc.)
- NerdMom beautifully address an issue near and dear to my heart in The First Key to Homeschooling and Not Losing It over at Nerd Family.
- Teresa Wymore talks about the value of great literature (and don’t miss her insightful expose on public school teaching!) in harry potter and homeschool posted at Flesh & Spirit.
- Living By Learning shares some insight about A Game Ethics Lesson from The Karate Kid at On Living By Learning. (I have read this article and left at least one comment. We’ve been having a great discussion on Game Ethics!)
Thanks, Tiffany, for gathering together a great looking bunch of bloggers and blog posts! And for all you visiting homeschool bloggers, please consider visiting my LeapingFromTheBox.com website for more homeschool information, elists & support groups, and articles on unschooling and homeschooling! Thanks for visiting!